Thursday, November 21, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

Getting a night off - Last week, I was exhausted and felt like crap. I'd been sick most of the week and had just finished my first full day back at the office and still had an hour of therapy standing between me and my Thursday night class. So I emailed my teacher and got permission to come in, take our weekly quiz, and go home. That extra sleep was a life saver. 

A good party - Michael celebrated his birthday last week and, as usual, had a party full of the best of people and the best of liquor. I stayed much later than originally intended (I still made it to my class on time with coffee the next morning though) but I enjoyed myself more than I have in awhile. 

Good food and good company - Tuesday night I made a pot of chili and some cornbread and Michael and I curled up on the couch with my girls and watched Much Ado About Nothing. The food was excellent and the company was even better. I especially enjoyed watching it with someone who really got it and loved it as much as I do.

Getting to know someone new - I've started to make a few new friends (one who I've been talking to pretty much every day) and I really love the process of finding out someone else's story.

Working on goals - As previously mentioned, I'm currently in CBT once a week. We set a lot of goals short term and long term (being a planner, I love this). Right now we're working on my miserable sleep schedule and trying to get me back to a place where I'm actually capable of leaving my bed before I'm already running late in the morning. It's a work in progress but I can definitely see that her ideas work. 

This HuffPost Article - I've tried to emphasize a lot of these points here before. I also think it's great for anyone, not just women. 

My sister - She just gets me. I got some potentially bad news today and she knew right away exactly why I was freaked out. You don't get that kind of bond with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment