Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

Archery Bruises - I know it's hilarious but, every time I look down at a particularly hideous bruise from an archery lesson, it reminds me that I learned something new that week. I'm the only person in lessons that has reached competition distance and, once I've finished out the lessons I've already paid for, they just want me to start coming in for open range hours to practice on my own and go down to one lesson a month. They're getting me started on more equipment (adding a sight) and, whenever I'm ready to purchase it, they're set to get me fitted and let me know where to get all the proper equipment of my very own. When I started last May, I never thought this was something I was going to actually be good at.

Boxing - My friend Carolyn and I decided to try the boxing class at our gym on Sunday nights and it is amazing. He changes up the workout every week so it never gets boring and it is such a hard class in a really good way. And, even though I hurt my arm because I hit so hard, it feels pretty good when your workout partner tells you that they wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley. 

Sick Teachers - I was so exhausted on Tuesday and not looking forward to a ridiculously long day with work and class. It was such a relief when my teacher emailed the class telling us she was sick and canceling class. Getting to go home and go to bed at 8:30 was a relief.

Family Visits - The reason why I was so exhausted on Tuesday. My mom's half-sister, Marianne, and her husband, Ken, came down from Michigan for a mini-holiday in Chicago. So my mom's sister, Jodi, came up and my cousin, Alysia, and I met them all for dinner at Quartino's (the restaurant Alysia works at) Monday night where we had

DONUTS - (zeppole) AND an amazing seafood dish (which I don't remember the name of but had nearly every kind of seafood you could imagine), a salumeria tasting plate, crispy calamari, wild arugula salad, pappardelle al sugo di manzo, cavatelli, tortellini, asparagus risotto, gran coppa quartino, panino al gelato limone, torta al cioccolato, and way too much wine, beer, prosecco, and cappuccino  It was amazing even though we stayed out way past my bedtime and the calories will likely be sitting on my thighs for weeks to come.

The Following - My friend, Barry, from English class, and I (unknowingly) write about the same readings every week and decided that we must obviously have the same tastes. He told me I should look into watching The Following because he thought I'd really like it. Holy crap, he was so right, I'm dying for the next episode and I love that the show can surprise me every once in awhile since I'm usually so good at guessing what's coming next. 

Booking Up - My schedule has generally been booked solid of late and, when I am home, all I'm doing is homework and house work and snuggling my girls. I love staying busy anyway and it's been a great way of keeping my mind too busy to mope most of the time. I just keep going and it's nice to enjoy all of my activities and only hang out with the people who I really enjoy spending time with.

You - My readers. I mostly started this for my own personal rant spot and I never really expected anyone except maybe my mom to read it so seeing 20-40 hits on every post is really a nice feeling that people are listening and care. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment