Thursday, October 3, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

Down times - I love my Changeling character and, for the first time literally ever, I actually care enough to send in my down time actions between games. What makes it better is that my dear friend, Amelia, loves writing for my character and sent me the most beautiful email involving Sanaa. It made me feel like I was living a real faery story and I'm super psyched to see what happens next.

Nice dinners - I've finally been making regular trips to the grocery store and cooking real meals when I'm home. It's really nice to just sit down to a plate of mac and cheese and brussel sprouts at my dining table. It's much easier to concentrate on my homework than with my usual junk food in bed routine.

Good shopping trips - When you set out to find a specific article of clothing in a very specific color, you kind of expect to be looking for hours and maybe never find what you're looking for. However, twenty minutes into browsing through Water Tower Place, I found exactly what I wanted on the clearance rack of Express. Yay!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I'm not entirely sure how I missed writing about this last week but welcome back to television, Joss! Two episodes in and this show is kicking some serious ass and giving me several geekgasms of joy.

Girlfriend time - It occurred to me as my seven week break with no classes came to a close last Thursday, that I didn't utilize my free time nearly as well as I could have. Instead of enjoying as much time with my girl friends as possible, I kind of hermited up. However, I've started on a path to remedy the situation. Last night, I spent a lovely evening at the park and eating sushi with the wonderful Sarah and Ivy which was much needed. I also have plans in the work to get some girl time with Elise, Carolyn, and Amelia soon too. I love my ladies and they are what keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment