Thursday, October 17, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

three day weekends - I took yesterday off from work. Yes, I spent the majority of the day in doctor's appointments and the DMV but I was also able to enjoy the beautiful weather downtown, schedule several appointments that I need to call during daytime hours, and run errands that I typically don't have time for during the few evening hours I have left at the end of the work day. I was also able to catch up on housework, homework, blogging, and sending out several emails I've been putting off during the rest of my weekend.

Garrett's popcorn - Yes, I know it's a little silly that I've been here for four years and never picked up any before but I passed by on Friday and just couldn't resist. So tasty and anyone who doesn't order the Chicago Mix is crazy.

Much Ado - I now own the lovely Joss Whedon version of my favorite play and I am greatly looking forward to repeatedly watching it whenever I want over the next few months.

my mobile hotspot - Without which I would have had to haul all of my shit to Starbucks where it is noisy and often full of obnoxious people that make it extremely hard to concentrate on all of the things I need to get done on the internets.

fall weather - Now don't get me wrong, I hate winter with a fiery passion. I don't like being cold and snow is the most disgusting substance on earth. But fall is such a beautiful time of year. I love the changing color of the leaves and I love jacket weather and sweater dresses and cider and pumpkins. It gives me one last reason to enjoy the city before it turns into my own icy Hades.


nights out - Monday, I had a lovely evening full of tacos, wine, art projects, and chats with Makena. Tuesday night, I had a fantastic dinner at Hackney's with Elise and Carolyn followed by an awesome night of catching up with cousin, Alysia. It was lovely to be busy and full of friends and good food.

nights in - However, I was very happy to have no plans last night and an early bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment