Thursday, October 10, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

new tattoos - I've been wanting a new tat for awhile now and I finally had some free time and cash last week. I ran down to the shop around the corner from my apartment and set up a walk-in appointment for this little baby.
I found this great quote online: 'An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.' So, being an archer and really liking the quote, I got an arrow tattooed on my bow arm. Freaky little coincidence, the guy who did it trained in my home town and also did my sister's theatre masks on her back like five years ago. Small world.


in-game interrogations - Last week, at LARP, Sanaa got a little...testy with an NPC. Being an overpowering, bossy bitch that people listen to is a little empowering. Also, my fall outfit turned out better than I'd hoped for. I'll be sad on the day that I stop being Sanaa.

spa days - Yes, I've mentioned the spa before. Yes, Thousand Waves is still the most peaceful and amazing places within walking distance of my apartment. This time I spent my lovely three hours there with Terri and Amelia, who I love chatting with more than just about anything. Getting tasty food stuffs afterward with Amelia made it an even better day.

getting As - That's right, took my first quiz of the quarter last week, got an A. No reason to believe I won't keep it up. It always puts a smile on my face to remember how far I've come. 

lady friends - Along those lines, let me just give out an additional shout out to all of my lady loves. I got to see a large quantity of them over the past week between LARP, the spa, and Bekah's sushi and tea ladies night. So here's to Amelia, Sarah, Rachel, Terri, Bekah, Maggie, Heather, Alysia, Katie, Elise, Carolyn, Morgan, Morgann, Laura, Martha, Steph, Stephanie, Carol-Anne, Emily, and anyone else I may have unintentionally left out. Thank you. Thank you for being the women that encourage me to be better and stronger and for sharing such a wonderful bond of friendship that keeps me from being a lonely old lady being eaten by cats. 

genuine apologies - There are many days when it's very easy to look at the world and lose your faith in humanity. However, on a day when someone acknowledges they've hurt me and genuinely apologizes (not one of those lame-ass "I'm sorry you feel that way" apologies), I start to think that there's hope yet that some people do grow up and we're not all lost causes. 

cousin love - So we all agree that the government shutdown sucks but, if it has to happen, I have a little bit of a silver lining. My cousin and best-friend-since-birth, who is a private government contractor, is currently out of a job. This sucks for her. However, considering that she's applying for a ton of Chicago jobs and might move closer to me than she has since we were about 8, I'm selfishly hoping that the shutdown has pushed her my way. 

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment