Thursday, April 4, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

My new psych teacher - I have literally never seen a teacher that was so passionate about what they were teaching about. If this guy could make sweet love to the language center of the brain, he would totally be on that. I have always loved language (linguistics, diction, dialect, reading, learning new ones) so I am super excited to have a teacher that is going to keep me interested in learning about the science behind it.

Easter egg hunts - Saturday Sarah and I took Ivy to the Easter Egg Hunt at the Women's Park & Garden in the South Loop, grabbed lunch on Michigan Avenue, played in Millenium Park, and headed over to the family play room at the Art Institute. It was a wonderful day getting to chat with such a great friend and tons of baby snuggles and giggles. I always feel so honored that I get to be part of those moments.

A fridge full of groceries - I literally have not bought groceries in about three weeks (maybe four) and I finally got over to the store Tuesday night. It's so nice to get home at night and not have to scrounge for something edible or order in and it's great to be able to pack a lunch every day. Not to mention it's amazing how much better you feel when you eat real food.

NaPoWriMo - We're only four days in but I have really been loving getting in some creative writing again. I don't know that it's actually any good but I like it and that's really all that matters.

Sandals and shades - Today is the third day in the past week that I have walked out the door wearing sandals and sunglasses. I cannot tell you just how much my body and mind needed some real sun and spring weather.

Scissoring and choking out - So, these are actually judo terms but I have a filthy mind so you cannot repeatedly use these phrases in front of me without giving me a case of the giggles. It was a great lesson but I loved it most for the double entendre that was present the entire class. Especially when Sensei Scott thanked Sensei David for choking him. >;')

No comments:

Post a Comment