Thursday, April 11, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

newazu with my sensei - Monday night was our last class of our winter session of ladies judo. A few of us stuck around late for a little newazu and I paired up with our head sensei, Brett. After pinning him to the mat relatively quickly, it was pretty rewarding to hear him whine about how surprisingly strong I am. I've loved this class and I can't wait for the next session.

crepes - Sunday I took a French Creperie class at The Chopping Block. Most of the people in my class were terrible and didn't even know basic cooking skills but I learned a lot. I still can't flip a crepe to save my life but I've got some great new recipes and have a new technique to practice.

challah - I helped my friend, Rachel, out with a psych project on Sunday afternoon and got paid in her fabulous challah. Cinnamon challah was a super tasty snack this week.

hair cuts - I finally got into Dan last weekend and got him to chop off my locks. I'm pretty sure there is just nothing better than an appointment at the hair salon. I love the feeling of someone else washing my hair, I have a great repartee with my stylist, and I feel fabulous when I leave.

downtown - After said haircut, I spent a lovely morning downtown. I took a long walk, did a little window shopping at water tower, sat in the park across the street and read, and (most importantly) ran down to M Burger and got the bacon cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate/vanilla milkshake I had been craving all week. 

split fingers - In my never ending process of perfecting my archery skills, I decided to try out split fingers at last week's lesson. I finally felt like I had more control over my aim and my release and I am never going back. 

miracles - Or whatever you want to call it. The fact that my uncle is progressing so well when we honestly thought he wasn't going to make it through the first few hours is just amazing. He's been awake, off of the ventilator, able to talk and remember everyone, and barely using pain relievers since Monday. He's going into surgery to fix his sinus cavity tomorrow afternoon and I am incredibly grateful for everyone's good thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment