Thursday, April 18, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

live lit - Friday night, Amelia was part of a live lit performance over at the Holiday Club. It was an amazing evening with some truly incredible stories that were shared and Amelia blew everyone's doors in. After, we all stayed, ate tater tots and sandwiches, drank beer, and heard amazing stories about Joy's OkCupid adventures. 

a day about town - Last Saturday, my friend, Barry, came in from the burbs. We hit up the zoo, had fish and chips and cider at my favorite pub, and grabbed ice cream at Bobtail. It was fun showing him around to some of my favorite Chicago places and nice having a friend to spend the day with.

girl's night out - Sunday, Carolyn and I had margaritas and dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, grabbed some frozen yogurt, and took my dog for a walk in some fantastic weather. I seriously love my girlfriends and it's really nice to have one that lives so close.

home again, home again - My uncle got to go home on Tuesday. He's still got a lot of recovery to do and will be living with my aunt and grandparents for the time being but I am so glad that he's going strong.

a teeny tiny crush - Now don't get me wrong, I still have no desire to date (like ever) but I have a little bit of a schoolgirl crush on my psych teacher. We both have sayings tattooed on our forearms, he studied abroad in Japan, he is a giant language nerd, he taught class barefoot rather than walk around in wet shoes and socks all night, he's about my age, and he's cute in a geeky kind of way. It was kind of nice to realize that my insides haven't completed died.

my bed - The weather has been shitty, the news has been horrible, and it's been a trying week for a lot of people I know and love. So at the end of the night, after being wet and cold for days on end, it's nice to curl up in my warm, pillowy bed with my girls and just forget about the world for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment