Thursday, April 25, 2013

Things I Love Thursday

nothing to do - last Friday and Saturday, I had literally nothing to do. I played Dragon Age on my Xbox, slept for like 13 hours, and just enjoyed the quiet.

eggs - Sunday morning I took a class on eggs at The Chopping Block. We made a spinach, egg, and sausage strata, a hashbrown skillet with overeasy eggs, french omelets, and eggs benedict. The recipes were amazing and I finally feel like I have a few more good dishes under my belt.

baby snuggles - Sunday night I babysat my sweet Ivy Jane. We read books and played with toys and, when it was clear she had had quite enough fun for one day, I made her a bottle, put on her pjs and snuggled down in the guest bed with her in the crook of my arm, Griffy the cat purring loudly in my lap, and some fascinating psych research in my hand. It was pretty much a perfect evening.

my menomonee family - I was in some truly shitty head space on Monday. So much so that I sat on my couch crying for fifteen minutes before pulling myself together and heading to the dojo. I really wasn't sure that I was going to even be able to enjoy myself but figured I could use the workout. After a thorough ass-kicking and great chats with the other ladies and my senseis, I went home with a huge smile on my face.

wake-up calls - I may not have appreciated it in college when I didn't need to be up early for class but I am grateful that my mom and I talk every morning. If I haven't called her, she calls me, which on Tuesday was a good thing because I slept straight through the alarm and would have gone on sleeping all day if she hadn't called me up.

once upon a time - just started finally watching this show and holy crap, LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment